Contact lenses are a means of correcting myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and even presbyopia (with multifocal lenses).
At Markakis Optical Center there is a special department, equipped with the most up-to-date optometry machines, for the correct application of contact lenses. In the department there is an optometrist – optician that makes sure that the measurements, the selection and the application of contact lenses provide the most satisfying result.
Types of Contact Lenses:
At Markakis Optical Center we provide contact lenses of all types:
- Semi-hard - Air permeable
- Soft- Astigmatic
- Soft with frequent replacement
- Multifocal contact lenses
- Keratoconus contact lenses
- Coloured - cosmetic
Cosmetic contact lenses
Nowadays you have the opportunity to have a different, brighter tone to your face, changing the colour of your eyes.
We co-operate with selected contact lens companies and offer you a wide selection from which you can choose the colour of contact lenses that suits you. Blue or green, grey, honey or violet, for an intense or discreet change, you can easily get the eye colour you want.
The coloured lenses we choose for you are as easy to use as the other contact lenses and can also be applied for myopia or hyperopia.
Risk a change in the colour of your eyes and discover your bright charm!
Forms - Types of contact lenses
- Hard (non- air permeable)
- Semi-hard (air permeable)
- Soft (of hydrogel, silicone and combination of them, with or without impurities of other materials).
- Aspherical (Myopic | Hyperopic)
- Toric (For astigmatism)
- Multifocal (Presbyopia)
Based on the replacement
- Long term
- Daily (up to 10-12 hours and not during sleep)
- Extended use (7 days, 15 days, 30 days)
Special contact lenses for:
- Therapeutic purposes
- Cosmetic purposes
- Cataract (Aphakia)
- Traumatic cataract
- Colour blindness- Dyschromatopsia
- Athletes' hyper-eyesight
- Orthokeratology contact lenses (use during sleep for eyesight correction without use of contact lenses during the day).